We offer clear career progression for those who combine clear vision with a strong work ethic.
We look for those with a deep rooted passion for our chosen sectors and culture.
We're always looking for the right individuals to join our team.
To find out about the Chavereys family and what it takes to be part of us, click here to contact us.
Chavereys is a forward thinking firm of Chartered Accountants specialising in rural businesses and private client work. We are renowned for our quality, reliability and integrity and the rare expertise we have in our chosen sectors. Chavereys has a strong tax and advisory focus however we also undertake audit, corporate finance and restructuring assignments. We have grown significantly over recent years and are looking for a talented individual to join the team.
Managers and Partners
We are currently seeking a bright, AAT qualified individual who wants career progression. You will be providing support, primarily through preparing, or assisting with the preparation of, financial accounts and tax computations but also preparing VAT Returns and dealing with PAYE submissions where required. Experience with all aspects of the role is not required as training will be given but you must have experience working within a firm of accountants and should be looking, once established in the role, to advance to a client manager position.
The job will based at our Southern Office in Faversham, Kent.
Duties & responsibilities
• To carry out accounts and tax compliance work with little supervision.
• To prepare other work assigned to a standard requiring minimal review.
• To carry out general client work as requested by Managers.
• To liaise with clients where instructed.
• To maintain the information on the client database including weekly timesheets and tracking.
• To learn from Managers and Partners and feed back problems.
• Planning and organisation – to be able to prioritise and plan your workload according to the needs of the firm.
• Technical – experience of sole trade and partnership accounts.
• Working to budgets – to be completely mindful of the budget for the work you are carrying out and to be responsible for ensuring it is adhered to.
• Industry – experience, interest or willingness to work in the rural and agricultural sector.
• Team working – the ability to work as part of a team, especially as other members of staff are usually involved in a client’s overall service.
• Initiative – to make proactive suggestions to provide the client with a better service whilst still being mindful of the budget the client has agreed upon.
• Following instructions – the ability to follow commands from superiors and to adhere to policies.
• Presentation – to be able to produce work to a professional standard, especially final documents going to clients. To be aware of this standard and be able to check your own work accordingly.
• Attention to detail – Must be able to inspire confidence in your work and be trusted to produce accurate information.
• Flexibility – to adapt and work effectively in a variety of situations and to easily accept change in the organisation or job requirements.
• Analytical thinking – to be able to simplify complex problems or processes and evaluate them.
• Confidentiality – to understand the need for confidentiality when dealing with a range of clients.
• Communication – to be able to represent the firm in a clear and professional manner both on the telephone and in person.
• IT skills – must be competent in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of CaseWare and IRIS would be an advantage but training will be provided.
AAT qualified, or qualified by experience whilst working for a firm of accountants.
We are offering two trainee chartered accountant positions at our South of England office in Faversham. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and committed graduate who is seeking to undertake the ACA qualification.
Who we are:
Chavereys is a forward thinking firm of Chartered Accountants based in the South of England, servicing clients nationwide.
We specialise in the areas of rural business, landed estates, property, renewable energy and private client matters. Our client base is varied and includes vineyards, solar parks, fruit growers and farmers as well as many others.
We have built our reputation on quality, reliability and integrity, as well as the expertise we have in our chosen sector.
Who we look for:
Our clients deserve the best possible advice and our aim is to consistently provide them with a high quality service. In order to do this, we require individuals who can provide a variety of skills and also work effectively in a team.
A high level of intellect is required to be successful in the role, but of equal importance are professional and technical skills. These qualities can be developed through the structured training the qualification provides, but in order to flourish in the role we ask you to be:
sharp and analytical
engaged with our clients
proactive and energetic
driven and highly committed
able to form opinions and make decisions
Studying for your ACA qualification requires both the skills mentioned above and a level of academic competence. We look for candidates that have achieved the following:
A minimum 2:i degree
300 UCAS points
The application process:
1. Complete the online application form on our website
2. If successful, you will be invited for interview